SPIN Project Blog

Diary of a diploma thesis at the Institute for Informatics at the University of Munich, Germany.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

SPIN now runs on a PDA

We're really speeding up now. I just finished work on a spike that was ment to show the feasibility of letting a simple voice dialogue run on my (already old) HTC Magician aka HTC PDA compact aka T-Mobile MDA compact. The successful demo can be found here. This spike uses the following infrastructure:
  • HTC Magician
  • ACCESS Systems’ NetFront Multimodal Browser for PocketPC 2003 (can be found at IBM and seems to be the only free voice browser for PocketPCs as of August 2006. Actually it took me some time to find this great piece of software...)
  • XHTML+Voice dialogues
  • Apache Tomcat web server
  • JSP files for handling requests
  • LMU's TraX client for positioning and position updates
  • LMU's TraX server for position services
So by now, I have reached most of SPIN's technological requirements, namely
  • Spoken dialogue on a mobile terminal
  • Combination with location-based services
  • Dynamic generation of dialogue steps by the server (on request by the client)
The only goal for which I currently lack a demonstrator is the "proactivity feature" described in my last post. I will get back to this feature in my next post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home